This article is about link building in Adelaide, South Australia.
Link building is an important part of online marketing for two reasons:
- Links are one of the most important factors that Search Engines use to determine your website’s rankings
- Links give people another way to get to you website
Having more links pointing to your website will increase your traffic from both other websites and search engines.
‘Link Building‘ refers to the practice of creating links (aka ‘backlinks’) on other websites that point to your website.
Not all links are created equal
Some of the factors that affect the quality of links are;
- Anchor text
- Linking website
- Link location
- Editorial process
Read more in our article Evaluating Links for Link Building.
Adelaide Link Building Tips
If you have a local business then including a location keyword in your backlink anchor text can also help you rank better for that location.
For example, an Adelaide pizza place might try and get the anchor text: ‘Italian Pizzas Adelaide’ or ‘Pizza Place Adelaide’ or ‘Joe’s Pizzas Adelaide’ or ‘Take Away Pizzas Unley.’
- If you attended UniSA you are in luck as they have a business directory for Alumni where you can get a link to your business website.
- Add your business to all the directories on our Australian Business Directories list. A number of these links will help you with local relevancy and local SEO.
- If you sponsor a local club or sports team ask for a link back to your website from their website.
- Do competitive analysis to see who’s linking to your competitors then go and ask them for a link for your site as well
Need Some Help with your Link Building?
Image credit: Anthony Cramp